Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ah ! Well a-day ! What Evil Knits

I endeavor to keep this blog short, as I am very tired today. However, I am easily distracted and verbose so it may not happen.

The Scarf

That stupid scarf has become my Albatross. It's still not finished. I took it apart, re-knit the pattern and still managed to mess it up. Additionally I may run out of white yarn before I complete it. I flatly refuse to buy another skein of the white yarn, so I'll most likely Frankenstein something together. I have no idea what I will do with it after I am finished with it,(OH! I will finish that scarf!), since the pattern is a mess and it will have some random yarn at the bottom. I didn't even bother taking a picture of it this week, because I'm simply disgusted with the whole affair and couldn't bare to immortalize the lumping thing. Instead enjoy this photo.

Sad Albatross is Sad. And also he hates scarves.
It's really too bad because the yarn is really comfy and I made it extra long. Maybe I'll post it on Facebook and the 1st person to like it will get it. "Wonky Scarf Needs Good Home." I'll have to keep you posted on it's plight.

Craft Adventure Ventures

I did complete a couple of small projects. I was distracted by them while trying to finish finding something else and cleaning. Sometimes my ADD creates whimsical things and here they are.

Doodle Bobs
I need to make them chains or turn them into key chains, but for all intents and purposes they are completed projects. They each took less then 15 minutes, so combined they only equal 1/2 of a CAV.

Bonus Adventure #1

My friend Becca was wonderful and came & picked up Ms. Bean & I and took us to Micheal's. I needed to get some items for another Bonus Adventure I am in the process of making. (It's a gift for a wedding and I really hope it turns out as cute as I think it will. Can't wait to share.) While there Becca & I picked up random items to keep Ms. Bean occupied. On of them was a little wooden cat mask for Halloween. Ms. Bean is ALL about the cats, so she hung onto it pretty tight and didn't want to give it up. Consequently it came home with us. Since it's a distract Bean object, I suppose I could have left it alone. BUT I didn't so 30 minutes later I had this..

It looks better now that the glue is dry.
I'm still trying to get the hand of embrodery, but all in all I think it turned out cute. I don't have much in the way of tutorial, since I pretty much just winged the whole thing. I used left over felt, some embroidery thread, ribbon from the stash and a left over sparkly pipe cleaner. I embroidered the face, mod-podged everything to the mask, folded and hot glued the eye holes and ribbon and then I was done.

Ms. Bean seemed to appreciate it, at least until that flippin' Dream Lights commercial came on.

Distracted by the lullaby of commerce
Anyway, same rules apply to Bonus Adventures that apply to Craft Adventure Ventures. This project took a little over 30 minutes (I'm really slow at embroidery), so it's worth 1/2 of a Bonus Adventure.

It's been a rough and busy week. I truly hope to be finished with the Frankenscarf, but I've now said that 2 weeks in a row, so I'm playing it by ear. Despite everything I did create time to craft, even if it was only an hour, it's still something. I have a few Bean projects that need to be finished and I absolutely must complete the Wedding Bonus Adventure next week. Another busy week ahead. But I should have some nice items to share for next week.

This weeks tally is:

1/2 Craft Adventure Venture bringing me to 4.5 completed, 47.5 to go. Plus! .5 Bonus Adventures.

I should come up with an inspirational or funny phrase to end my blog. If you have any suggestions, comment below. If nothing else we'll all have a good giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment