Friday, July 6, 2012

If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there

My 1st Blog post on my 1st Blog!! How exciting. Well, at least for me, anyway. Let's begin at the beginning, shall we..

I'm a new Mom, a budding Voice Actor, a soon to be Student and a Craft addict. I'm a little busy.  I love sewing, cooking, scrap booking, knitting, photography, jewelry making. You name it, I probably have tried it or want to try it or have five projects that need to be finished.

To be honest, it's a little hard to stay on top of it all. And, to make matters worse, I LOVE Pinterest. I'm always finding new and glorious things to make, do, try, cook, sew, doodle, and putz with. I have boxes and boxes and stacks and stacks of projects and 'To Complete' lists. It's getting a little ridiculous. Which brings me to the creation of this blog.

I wanted a way to hold myself accountable for all these projects. I thought, if I have to finish one project a week, I'd start to make some headway and clear out some the clutter. Because, it's everywhere! If don't start working on some of these things and moving them along, I think my loving husband will just start throwing it all a way. If you also share my 'love' (read obsession) of crafting, then you know this stuff isn't cheap and above all else I truly HATE to waste money.

My hope and goal is to complete 1 project a week, for a total of 52 Craft Adventure Ventures! by this time next year. 52 projects. Sounds like a do-able number. (Plus, it's an even number, which I've always had an affinity for. *shrug*) To make sure that I actually complete them, I'm posting my progress HERE.

Now, to be fair, some of these projects are small enough to finish in one day. Others will take more then a week, but I figure if I finish multiple small projects in one week, then the ones that take longer will fill in the gaps and at the end of the year, I'll have finished 52 projects. Or More! But I'm trying not to jump ahead of myself. (It's hard to rein in my enthusiasm sometimes.) 52 projects in 365 days. That's the goal. And this Blog is my way to hold myself culpable for completing these projects.

Here are the rules -

1) I must complete at least Fifty-Two (52) Craft Adventure Ventures before July 7th, 2013. (I should have picked a better date. That one is kind of boring. Anyway, I digress)

2) Posting day will be Friday. Unless something comes up, in which case I will post on the Thursday before or the Saturday after.

3) Projects will be selected from my existing lot of projects to complete. New projects will not count toward my 52 Craft Adventure Ventures but can be claimed as Bonus Quests. (Why? You ask. Well, the whole point is to clear out some of this hodgepodge, not create more chaos.)

4) Photos of projects must be posted as proof of completion.

And there you go The Craft Adventure Venture has begun.

You, dear reader, are welcome to follow along with my projects. It's always more fun to go on a journey with a companion, you know. I'll be sure to post a link to where I found the project,(if I can). If I don't have a link, I'll be sure to give you as much information on where I found it, patterns, etc.

Dun-Dun-Duuuun!! Week 1 Craft Adventure Venture

Bandana Skirt & Bandana Dress
Both of these Adventure Ventures were found on Pinterest.

Bandana Skirt: Vanessa Christenson.com - Bandana Skirt Tutorial (2008)

Skill Level - Beginner if you can cut & sew a straight line, you should be fine.

Cost - Aprox. $2.50

I modified this pattern a little bit because my daughter is younger then the girls this pattern was created for. It took me less then 45 minutes, while my daughter was awake & running around, I might add. It was super easy and inexpensive.
 My only issue was that I didn't measure Bean properly so it's a little bit big for her. It's all good, though. She grows like a corn stalk and she'll get more wear out of it this way.

Lil Bean all dolled up for the 4th of July

Bandana Dress: Momtastic.com - DIY St. Patty's Day Bandana Dress

Skill Level: Beginner - Intermediate. I had a little bit of trouble with the elastic, but if you've ever done your own ruching before you should be fine, as that is the only tricky bit.

Cost - Aprox. $8 (The elastic thread was a little expensive, but you might be able to find it cheaper online.)

This dress took about me 4 hours. Still not bad for a cute little dress. As I said above I had a tough time with the ruching. I think if you have a serger or you've done this before it'll be a breeze. And again I need to make sure I have the correct measurements before I start working. (Measure twice, cut once.)

Rockabilly Bandana Dress.

With both of these projects you a limited only by the patterns offered in the bandana section of the store you shop in. I bought my bandanas at Walmart and they had a lot of cute options.


2 Craft Adventure Ventures down - 50 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment